Sunday, June 14, 2015

Mystery Shopping - The Beginning

In April 2013 (more than 2 years ago), I completed my VERY FIRST mystery shop and I never turned back! I'm by no means the expert that some of my 10+ veteran experts are. I still turn to my resources and connections on occasion for help or questions. And still there are shops that I have high hopes of getting one day that I am not yet qualified to do.

When reflecting just a few months ago as my 2 year anniversary hit, I realized I had done well over 500 shops. That's right, well OVER 500 shops. Where? Well I can't tell you where and shop companies it's a violation of my contracts, but I can say that I've done numerous restaurant (fast food to fine dining), hotels, car maintenance, entertainment (like bowling, movies, multi venue),
apartments, homes buying, banks, grocery stores, retail stores (like clothing, electronics, toys), home improvement stores, pet stores, phone shops, and more. You name it, I've probably been there and done that, with a few exceptions along the way.

Two of the companies I shop for I have done over 150 shops with each company alone. The day I signed up for my first shop, it changed my way of thinking. Never would I pay or want to pay for an oil change again. Never would I have an excuse not to try new restaurants. Never would I

The biggest thing for me as I look forward to approaching my 3rd year mark is driving around town knowing the ins and outs of most of the places. You see, I know how I should and should not be treated as a customer. With some mystery shop companies, I have become a regular. I get called upon to shop the same location(s) over and over. I get advanced notification that XYZ shop is coming up next month. And I know what time and when to apply and accept a shop. I also know how to plan for my gas to be paid for when travelling out of town and maybe where I'll stay and how I'll get there, all from what started as a hobby?

So if this is of interest to you, feel free to get some more information here (written by yours truly and now publicly available):
The Real Deal
Starting Mystery Shopping
Company List (as provided by the MSPA)

As I leave this blog now to submit, yep, that's right, a shop report. Stay tuned for Mystery Shopping Part II - Reasons for not doing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment